Bird’s Nest Pasta
On cold days like today, we yearn to hear the birds singing as it’s a sign that’s it’s warm outside. Mother Nature is not on our side today, so you will have to make due with your pop!TOT singing your praises after making your classic Spaghetti and Meatballs into the cutest little bird’s nest.
Super easy and super cute.
* TIP: Want to avoid even less cooking? Purchase pre-made meatballs and eliminate 20 minutes from the prep! We personally enjoy the process, but it’s totally up to you!
The details are below!
- 1lb cup ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 box Spaghetti Pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 box of spaghetti
- 1 jar marina Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Adobo
- 1/4 teaspoon Cheese (feta, mozzarella, etc. for eyes)
- Orange pepper, carrot or orange peel (for Beak)
- Cilantro or celery stalk (for leaves)
- Boil water, add pasta, cook and drain. Set aside.
- Add a tiny amount of olive oil or butter so the pasta does not stick to each other.
- Swirl the pasta with a fork to create the nest shape. Create an indent in the center so the meatball can sit in place.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Combine ingredients for meat and mix.
- Roll meat into 1 1/2 inch balls in flour and pan fry in 1/2 inch oil.
- Fry for about 10 minutes then flip over to fry the other side for another 10 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and allow to cool.
- Use a sharp pointy knife to make the holes for the eyes. Remove the tiny piece inside so that our eyes can sit well.
- For the bird’s beak, cut a small section of the peel or carrot and cut 2 triangles less than a half inch wide.
- Create a small slice roughly the size of your beak and insert the beak.
- Garnish with cilantro or celery for greenery.
- Sauce your plate, add the pasta and top with the meatball.