Guava Pancakes topped with Pomegranate Granola + Citrus Whipped Cream
Every Sunday Baby Bear and I make pancakes. The unfortunate part about this particular Sunday was the fact that we had an empty fridge and I did not want to go to the supermarket. What are we to do? We look around and I found a package of Dominican Guava Paste. It is a conserve made of guava and sugar. Luckily, the shelf life on it far exceeds that of fresh fruit. I typically make flaky pastries called Pastelitos with it but, today it’s perfect for a big ole’ stacks of pancakes. Fortunately, I was able to scrounge an egg and repurpose one of her milk boxes for the milk for the remainder of the ingredients. Milk, eggs, guava… VOILA! Guava Pancakes!
The details on this super yummy recipe are below:
- 1 cup Buttermilk Pancake Mix (Not the just add water variety)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/3 cup diced Guava Paste
- 1/2 cup Guava Paste
- 1/8 Orange Juice
- Store brought
CITRUS WHIPPED CREAM
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat or griddle to 375 °F.
- Combine ingredients for pancake and stir
- Pour batter for each pancake onto lightly greased griddle
- Turn when the pancake bubbles and bottoms are golden brown
- Place guava paste and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt together and stir frequently until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool until warm
- Spoon over warm pancake
GRAND MARNIER WHIPPED CREAM
- Whip all the ingredients together until the cream peaks are formed
- Serve on top of the pancakes and sprinkle with pomegranate granola