Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
Make your kids scream with delight by making these spooky Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers.
I know what most parents know. Pasta is a quick and easy way to make the pop!TOT happy. This recipe incorporates both an activity, carving peppers and a fast meal. You can’t beat that!
Enjoy this quick, yummy and oh so spooky treat!
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1 pkg. Beef Polska Kielbasa (or any sausage)
- 1 cup Broccoli and Cabbage Slaw
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 6 oz can Carrots and Peas
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup of pesto sauce
- ½ cup of Spanish olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut sausage into ½” slices; set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Cut a round section on the top of the pepper and discard the seeds and scrape away the insides.
- Draw faces on the peppers and carve with a small pumpkin knife, be careful as peppers are more delicate than pumpkins
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot; add sausage. Cook for 2-4 minutes then add remaining ingredients.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes or until kielbasa is lightly browned.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add pasta and stir to coat.
- Divide pasta amongst prepared peppers and pull strands of pasta through the mouths or eyes of the jack-o-lanterns.
- Garnish the dish with a bed of broccoli and cabbage slaw.